Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pounding

I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible headache… all the way from the top of my eyebrows around the top of my head down to about the middle of the back of my head… I guess I should mention first that I’ve been having chronic, sometimes debilitating, headaches for over 3 years now….the first year we kept treating them with antibiotics because the doctor thought they were sinus infections… they feel like they are really bad sinus infection headaches too… after a year on antibiotics every month we finally guessed that they were not sinus related (also after many expensive tests I had done!) I personally think they are because of one of the 85 million medications that I’m on…. the medications being for my “mental” disorder… I do have some pain pills that I take as needed for my herniated disc but other than that and my birth-control pills, the rest of them are for my craziness… I was talking to my dr. the last time I was in and was telling him about theses awful night sweats I’ve been having… two years ago I thought my night sweats were because of withdrawals… long story short, a “pill happy” prescribing dr. decided that I should be taking 80mg of oxycontin 4 times a day to kill the pain from my herniated disc… during that when the pills didn’t seem to be working we went on to morphine patches… he just straight up pulled me off the oxys… I have never been thru so much hell as I went thru those couple of days and I was going thru withdrawals… omg… I would never wish that on anyone… it was the worst and most painful physical and mental experience I have ever had (I can honestly understand while people are addicted to pills, it would be so much easier to stay on them than to have to deal with the pain of getting off them.. I’m not saying it’s an excuse but I can understand)… after that I decided I needed to see another dr… I didn’t want to be a “pill-head” my whole life and knew that surely something else could be done… (woah, I got way off track)…. Anyways, after the oxy withdrawals my body temperature has been way out of whack, don’t know if it’s because of that or not… I’m either sweating hot or freezing (wearing a hoodie) cold… I thought the night sweats because of that since that is part of what I went thru while de-toxing…. The dr. said that once of my medications can cause night sweats… mine are so severe though that I’ll wake up and my sheets (and the t-shirt I have on) will be wet… not damp, wet… it’s really not fun… anyways, I’ve been really thinking about all these meds that I’m on… are they doing me more harm than good? (between the headaches, night sweats, and messing up my digestive system).. I’m no doctor but I think that my meds are part, if not most of, the reason that I’ve been experiencing all these things… is it worth it to stay on the meds, should I see if we can try something else, or should I just quit them altogether? These are some of the questions that have been running through my mind… I go see my dr. next Tuesday morning so hopefully we can talk about this and see what other options are available… all I know is that the headaches need to stop… now… mine today might be sinus, my throat is sore, my ears are stopped up, and I just generally don’t feel good... tonight is cleaning night but that might get put off until I get to feeling better… we’ll just have to see how it goes… hopefully my head won’t explode today…

p.s.. no yoga last night… after I got home from the store I started working on cleaning up the main computer… we’ve had the same hard drive for years (we just keep moving it from computer to computer) and I just keep adding stuff to it… I have to clean it up…

No comments: