Monday, September 25, 2006

The Weekend

It’s Monday and I’m having a small case of the Monday blues but not too bad… my attitude has actually improved since I’ve been at work!! I decided this morning that I’m going to start with the not-so-positive things and then blog about the positive things… that way I’ll end on a positive note and hopefully that will help me keep a positive attitude all day!! Once again, I know that all this is based on my perception… if I can change the way I look at things, the things I look at change….
So, the not-so-positive… I guess you could say it started Saturday night… I washed r’s phone… ok, not so much a big deal… I checked his cargo pockets, that’s where he always keeps it, and it wasn’t in there… checking pockets is a habit of mine from working at a cleaners… I didn’t check his regular pockets though because he usually only keeps his wallet in there and it comes out as soon as he gets home…
Yesterday I called us cellular to put his old phone back on his number until today so I could go get him a new phone… I could have gone yesterday but they didn’t open until 1 and I really didn’t feel like getting ready (hair, makeup)… so when I was on the phone with us cellular I couldn’t get the back of his phone off to give them the old esn so I asked him to do it… ok, I got griped out… I couldn’t tell if he was pushing the button down and pushing or not… he got ugly with me… I mean, ugly… I’m so glad the rep had put me on hold so he didn’t hear it… I would have been so embarrassed!! I was still on the phone with the rep and he apologized… what was my reaction, after I got off the phone? I totally defused the situation… he was making us turkey sandwiches for lunch and I went into the kitchen and told him, it was ok, I accept his apology, it’s no big deal… he was frustrated with the phone and took it out on me (how many times have I done that?) I changed the subject and all was fine… the rest of the day was really good!!
This morning… before I even leave the house for work he calls me and gripes me out… we pay our employees on Monday… (this happened yesterday) he tells me that he doesn’t know how much our new waitress is going to make, they haven’t discussed it yet… I told him not a problem… when he gets there in the morning, discuss her pay and just pay her out of the register… once again, no biggie… I assumed he heard me but assume = ass out of u and me… back to this morning, he calls me when I’m still at home asking, where’s p’s check? I reminded him of our conversation yesterday and he got all mad… fine, I guess I’ll just have to deal with this when I get to work… I don’t know how much to pay her, I’m going to have to do the math (we have a calculator up there), and blah blah… ok, whatever… how am I supposed to pay her when I have no idea how much? That’s part of “his” job, to let me know how much to pay the employees…
He calls again once I get to work… ok, we’re going to pay her what our ex-head waitress was making… I give him the total then he starts griping at me for having to pay her out of the register and having to pay uni-first… how he hopes there is enough money in the register for all this s**t…. whatever…
The positives… It’s so weird… I have noticed lately that it seems our attitudes have switched... instead of me being angry, irritated, and stressed it’s him… I’m the one who’s trying to stay level-headed and calm… he did comment on that yesterday… later that afternoon he said, I noticed how you didn’t get mad about what happened when you were on the phone earlier… that was really nice of him to notice! I know he’s got a ton on his plate right now and I’m really not worried about it… I can’t tell you for how many years I was acting like he is now… with my change in attitude though his attitude really isn’t bothering me… in fact, I feel really bad for him… I can relate to where he’s at and what he’s going thru… (the one not-so-positive thing about this situation, once again, my perception, he sometimes makes me feel that I can do nothing right… it makes me kinda doubt myself) … I just have to learn (and am doing good) not to take it personally… I kinda take it personally at first but I am learning to talk myself thru it…
I am extremely lucky and thankful to have my health (even with my herniated disc!), my family, friends, a job that allows me to spend the first however long of my day blogging and surfing around the internet, r, the kitties, and my new attitude… I have so much to be thankful for and have been realizing that more and more lately… it’s getting easier to see the positive side of things rather than the negative… I’ve rambled on long enough… more soon!

No comments: