Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Thrown Off

i absolutely love having an extra day off!! the only bad thing, and it's not really bad, just confusing for my little brain... i keep thinking today is monday... i'm so glad it's not... short week!! it was so nice being off yesterday, except for the fact that i feel like i took a sick day.... i was just blah all day yesterday... woke up with a headache, took some medicine and went back to bed... woke up later, washed the sheets (that was the only thing i didn't get too this weekend), and then layed around all day long.... i wasn't feeling horrible, just blah, tired... achy all over... so i just rested.... i watched transamerica... i wasn't sure what to expect but i think it was a really good movie... r wouldn't have liked it so i watched it while he was at work... it was really good... a very thought provoking movie... it really made you think and feel for the characters.... my birthday was sunday.... it was nice, quiet, and relaxed... 2 other couples came over and we watched the nascar race... carl, my driver, came in 3rd!! yeah!! he won the busch race the night before!!! saturday r and i went with k and b up to elk city, ok, to watch b race... he did really good, he came in 3rd place and was only running on 7 cylinders... it should have been 8 cylinders (and he would have smoked everyone!!) but that's kinda a touchy subject right now.... it went good though... well, on the way up there one of the tires on the trailer blew out so r and b were out there fixing it... the spare for the trailer wasn't just real super... ok, as the guys put it, "it was really shitty".... so they moved some tires around and everything was all good!! no other problems.... it was just a nice relaxing weekend.... we didn't have anything stressful to do... just, hung out and took it easy... the way i like it....
i managed to get myself all worked up today at work... my co-worker was driving me crazy this morning... he comes in and asks me computer questions then says, ah, i'll just let you do it... then why even come ask me... and if you can't do it what makes you think i want too? i've got a ton of stuff to do and by the looks of things, you have absolutely nothing going on.... he's just been sitting in there all day... he may have stuff to do and just isn't worried about it... that wouldn't surprise me either.... no worries though... it's not my responsibility to do his job... it just seemed like earlier he was trying to annoy me on purpose... which, who knows...
there was one thing that kinda got to me this weekend... well, i found out about it sunday night.... it actually happened saturday but since we were gone all day and night i didn't catch the news or anything until sunday night.... my back doctor has/had a partner at his office... dr. shaffer, his partner was indicted wednesday for sexual assault charges with a child under the age of 17... this is a really long story but to keep it short i'll try to sum it up.... i went in to see my back dr.s p.a. on monday, when he gave me the shots to the skull, and could hear dr. shaffer dictating stuff in his office... my dr.'s p.a.'s room to see patients is right next to dr. shaffer's office.... i didn't really think anything about it except, how has he managed to keep his license... i'd talked to my (ex) chiropractor about my concerns when all this came out in the news, months ago... i decided that i really like my back dr., he has helped me out and has never made me feel the way most other dr.'s have... he takes me and my pain seriously and is just wonderful!! so i decided to stay with him... well, this weekend dr. shaffer dies up at their office... the news and paper said there was no sign of trauma or foul play... my guess is that he killed himself... that bothers me, especially the fact that i just heard him and saw him briefly this past week... i was in there on monday, when i heard and saw him... he was out of town for those charges on friday though.... then the next day after i'm in there he dies... i think it bothers me that he died at the office... that's where i go to get well.... i wasn't real thrilled with the fact that he was still practicing after all this first came out... he wasn't my doctor so i decided not to let it bother me... then this... this bothers me... it's just kinda creepy and makes me feel well, odd.... do i really want to go see my doctor in a building where someone died... especially if he killed himself??? i'm not sure if i'm being over dramatic about this or not.... any comments or feelings please share... it's just, well, scandalous for a town this size... and i guess freaky to me because it hits so close to home.... him being my back dr.'s partner.... and the vice-president of the PRG..... luckily i don't have to go back to the dr. until the end of august... i feel bad for my back dr. though... that has to be hard on him, his family, and his practice.... i don't know if dr. shaffer realized what an impact this would have on those close to him but i do wish he would have thought about it before all this happened, especially the consequences to his partners practice and business... which, he should have been thinking last summer when he was messing with his 15-16 year old "nanny"... who went on vacation with him and his wife, but no kids....
i've got to go to the store today when i get off work... i was going to go thursday night but then didn't.... i thought about going this weekend or yesterday but the couch was so comfy.... hopefully since this is a short week it will fly by!! 23 working days left until vacation!! YEAH!!! i'm counting down!!! it will be so nice to have a whole week off!!!

No comments: