Thursday, November 16, 2006

Working on It

blogging last night and getting it off my chest made me feel better (along with a xanax)... i don't think i realized that i had that much junk built up inside me... like kb said, one day at a time... that's all i can do... plus, knowing that the universe will not give me more than i can handle (i have to know and believe that- sometimes it's so hard though!!) reassures me too... i think that is the one belief that i really honestly know (even though i do doubt it on occasion, though i try not too)... i have to have faith in r and i... i really do, but like i said before, it's just so hard to really trust in that sometimes... i have too though... i am really working on being positive today and not getting pissed off... i had to "talk myself" out of being pissed when i first got to work... i'm ok though... everything happens for a reason and i just have to keep reminding myself of that... knowing that i have friends and family that care for me makes it easier to deal with...

momma sent me this email and i keep re-reading it... i really like it and keep trying to ingrain it into my head...

John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!" He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation. Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?" He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood." Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life. "Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested. "Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life." I reflected on what he said. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. Attitude, after all, is everything. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34. After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I like that email. It is really true - you make the choice about how things are going to affect you - it is a decision! We do have control!

courtneyl said...

i like that email too... i have really been trying to keep what it says in the front of my mind but sometimes it's really a challenge!! and it's usually during these times that it pisses me off knowing that we do have control...hehe