Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

i have a question... do you vote? i'm not asking who you vote for, only if you vote... me, i've only voted once in the 10 years i've been old enough to vote... to be honest, i'm not big into politics... my best friend though, she is political... she can tell you almost anything that you need to know about politics... up until the other night i didn't even know who the governor of Texas was... sad?! maybe so... i know that i really should pay more attention and vote because it does make a difference... i was going to see if i could find some info today on who's running so that maybe i could go vote and make an informed decision... i would rather not vote because i have no idea what's going on than go vote (just to say i did) and make some crazy choice... maybe i'll vote today...

3 comments:

kellykellykelly said...

I don't think I am even registered to vote. I guess I am a lazy citizen hehe.

Kim said...

I am not voting this year because I did not follow who was running. And I am registered to vote in Ames, but I am not here half of the year! When I move back to Chicago, I am going to register there and start voting again.

I know they say "one vote makes a difference" but I kind of have the attitude that is really doesn't. If my vote is uneducated, than is it a good difference? ;)

I did vote in the 2004 presidential election though! :)

courtneyl said...

well... i didn't end up voting... i suppose there's always next year...
kilax i'm like you too... i have the attitude that one vote doesn't really make a difference but i am working on changing that... we'll see how that goes...