Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Updating

I’ve really been wanting to blog lately (I have a whole list of stuff to blog about) but I just really haven’t felt like doing it… the time and energy it would take have been too much lately… I’ve just been really tired- not sleeping good at all… been having nightmares… and really stressed… stressing over the restaurant and the holidays… my back has been hurting extremely bad… the last 2 cortisone shots that I got for my herniated disc helped for about a year and a half (it took me a year and a half to pay them off too- with insurance)… if I’m going to need to get another one I’d like to do it before the year is over since I’ve met my deductible… that’s probably another source of the attitude problem, the pain…
ah, the stress.. the past month I’ve pretty much been living on pills… not just the “every-day” ones either… also the “take as needed” for pain and stress… as much as I hate to say this and as bad as it is going to sound, luckily I have had the pills… as far as I’m concerned, they’ve been holding me together, well, as much as they can… I’ve been so stressed lately that I am making myself sick… literally… I am always throwing up… here’s what webmd said about stress and constant tummy trouble… (no, I’m positive I’m not pregnant- although my cousin announced at Thanksgiving she is): getting sick in the morning... Stress, nervousness, or a mental health problem, such as depression or an anxiety disorder. Well duh, I’ve got all those… give me something I don’t know…
The restaurant… our competition was closed Thursday thru Monday and then one restaurant didn’t open until today… r and I thought we were going to be slammed!! We were ready for it too… nope, we were dead… both Friday and Saturday… I understand that Christmas is coming up and people aren’t spending money eating out… I can so relate to that… but on the “selfish” side- dang we need the money, come on in, make yourself at home, and have something to eat!!
On a positive cute note though… the kitties have been so adorable lately… mazzy has been really needy attention-wise and that’s ok with me… she’s really getting to be a lap cat and I am loving that too!! when mazzy was little she would play “the shower curtain game”… now her and murph are both playing it… when you’re in the shower they like to come and sit in between the shower curtain and liner and keep you company while you shower… paw and bat at you a little… stick their head in to see what’s going on… it’s so cute!! on occasion, I guess when one thinks their little paws are dirty, when I get out of the shower one will jump in and just kinda walk around…
The other day, r told me that our morning waitress asked me how much I would charge her to make her a flag like I put up at the restaurant!! That is awesome!! The only thing is, the metal was free from my boss, and we are so super busy and I really don’t want to ask him about it right now… I think that’s awesome though!! momma and I went up to the restaurant Saturday and put up a few Christmas decorations… Friday night I went over to momma’s house and used glitter pens to put everyone’s name on a stocking… we got those hung Saturday… some of the girls up there wanted to decorate so I thought I’d let them … I have some flowers that I want to change out but other than that, they can go to town….
The long Thanksgiving holiday… it was so nice… being off so long just really makes it hard for me to go back to work… In high school I remember one year laying awake in bed bawling myself to sleep because I had to go back after the break… anyways, back to this year… I was super productive.. Thursday was thanksgiving… we did the whole family thing… Friday I cleaned the house… super clean!! I washed the curtains in the bedroom, cleaned the ceiling fans, and actually moved stuff to dust, not just dusting around it… I got the Christmas decorations put out too… the only thing that I didn’t get done that I would have liked too was to wash the curtains in the living room… the window is so big though that I can’t get them down and re-hang them by myself… oh well, some other time….
Ending my blog on a positive note makes me feel better… I should try that more often… I’m going to try to remember to do that… for every negative thought I should have a positive one to follow it with… that is my new “goal”…

These came in several different emails yesterday… very true and what I needed to hear…
Food for Thought:
When does a lie become an accepted truth? When the lie is repeated often enough.

MY BELIEFS ARE MY EVERYTHING
You see..... your beliefs are thoughts & ideas you've heard over, and over, and over again until they become ingrained in your subconscious mind.... and then they become something you no longer question. In other words.....when you no longer question any thought or idea.... that thought or idea becomes another one of your beliefs. And some of your beliefs are in full & total resonance & harmony with the core of your soul.... yet many others are actually beliefs of others.... adopted as your own. Since your beliefs control your life.... don't be afraid to change them. How might your life be different if you changed your thinking to only no-limit beliefs from this moment forward? Think about that one a minute… and then.....JUST DO IT!

No comments: