Saturday, May 05, 2007

Week in Review

Since I’ve been very blog delinquent lately I decided to post a week in review (which seems to be very long!!)… overall, it was a really good week… and my attitude has had a major part in that…

Sunday- r and I watched the race… carl’s engine failed way early in the race and he finished 42nd (out of 43).. he dropped from 8th to 12th in the points… the last 10 races only the top 12 drivers in points are in “the chase”…. It’s still early in the season though….
I didn’t work on inventory or our weekly expense/income report for the restaurant but oh well, I’ll get it done… the back was hurting bad…. Other than that I didn’t really do much else…

Monday- I worked… called the doctor and waited for his nurse to call me back… momma and I talked on the phone that night for over 2 hours and after we were done my attitude had totally changed… I felt better than I have in a long time, emotionally… the past two weeks I have been receiving things… things that I needed… pushes that I need to take “action”… momma made the comment that taking action is the hardest part of making changes… I had also read that recently somewhere else… I keep receiving the same “messages”/thoughts… I know what I need to do now I just need to do it… I’m working on that…

Tuesday- the dr. called and I went in at 10:20… he said that when they do the injection they first “wash” the area with a solution of some sort and then they inject the medicine… they watch the whole procedure on x-ray and he said that there was nothing abnormal about mine, it went just as it was supposed too… he said that on very rare occasions though, during the washing process, the washing of the area can actually become more irritated and then when the medicine is injected it doesn’t really work because it was pretty much just severely irritated again… that makes sense… I just don’t understand why it just happened on shot #10… but then again, it’s like I blogged the other day, I’ve been considering going down to the metroplex area to the back institute to see about a more permanent option… so… what to do?!?! My dr. said he would refer me down there if I wanted to go and that they refer a lot of their patients there… plus, I’ve heard and read good things about the back institute… so back to my dr. visit… he explained what he thought was the reason behind the pain… he put me on a 6 day dose of oral steroids… today is my second to last day… day 5 of 6 I suppose… my back is still killing me… it doesn’t feel like it is getting any better…
I have been reading the secret again, slowly and really reading it… at the first part of the book this one guy suggests doing some “exercises” so I jotted them down with the intention of doing them but haven’t had a chance yet…
Also, I get this email… some newsletter I subscribe to but hardly ever read anything out of it but I always look to see what’s in it… n-e-ways, an article caught my eye, I read the blurb and decided to download what turned out to be an e-book… I saved it and then promptly forgot about it…

Wednesday- I worked… my back hurt all damn day…. But when I got off work momma and I went and did a little retail therapy… we went to eat at a chinese food buffet… I had some sushi and fried donuts… yummy, yummy, yummy!!! Then we went to old navy and I was going to buy some new clothes with some of my money from working with km and fam during tax season but momma treated me!! I was so excited… plus, I got some cute shirts!!! You know those clothes that fit good and make you feel good… one of them is already my favorite polo I know… I love it… it’s one of my “it makes me feel good” shirts… while momma and I were at the mall we walked down to one of my favorite stores… I wanted to go down there to see if I could find a gift… I found two good gifts…

Thursday- I worked… once again, my back hurt all day long… after work I went to walmart… it was “cleaning night” but that didn’t happen… I couldn’t tackle the house after walmart… I got home from walmart and kinda pre-cleaned the house… wrapped a gift so I could mail it Friday morning…. And here’s what I was thinking while I was wrapping the gift (this is the continuation of the gift buying from Wednesday)… I am one of those people who normally doesn’t like to buy presents for people unless they tell me exactly what they want… this time thought, I found two smaller gifts that I think my friend will really like… ironically this time, the gift buying wasn’t the problem… the wrapping of the present was… well, the presents had to be shipped and I am not a shipper.. r is the one who packs and gets the box and stuff all ready to ship and I take care of the label and the actual shipping… the box had to go out Friday morning and r wasn’t home from work yet… I looked and looked for a box and could one find one that worked but I wasn’t overly thrilled with it… then I tried to wrap the box in brown paper, I tried to use a paper bag, ghetto I know, but that didn’t work… I had no brown paper at home and finally was just like forget it… normally the wrapping of the present is the easiest part for me… this not this was not the case but that’s ok because I am really excited about the gifts!!!

Friday- I knew it was going to be a low-key day at work … it was.. and it was long… my back hurt and I tried not to put a patch on because I had a massage that night but I had to give in and put a patch on…. The back was bad!!
At work a thought had jumped into my head that I should print out that e-book that I had downloaded the other day… so I did… along with 2 other e-books I’ve had downloaded forever… it is so nuts, the universe is giving me what I need… the tools I need to take action and change what I need to change!! I am so exited… my attitude, for the most part, has been really good…
I went and got my massage last night… it was nice… mary put an ice pack on my lower back and later lightly worked it… it felt so good and last night it felt great!!!

Saturday- today is my cousin’s baby shower but I’m not going because it’s out of town and I don’t know if it would be such a good idea if made the drive because of my back… it hurts… still… I wish it felt like it did last night…. So today is here… I’m going to take it easy… relax… use my ice pack…

I have been trying to be really super conscious of my thoughts… at the dr. on Tuesday I made a list of “secret shifters” that will/can shift my attitude from negative to positive… I’ve already “used” my secret shifters list twice this week… it works… I’m loving the good attitude… your attitude really does make a difference in how you feel… I guess I’ve always know this but never really gave it much thought… more on all this later though….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... if the gift you mention here is the gift I am thinking of... it was perfect - the wrapping and the actual gifts :) Thank you!

I am happy to hear that you have more of an idea of why the injection didn't hurt last time, because it semmed like a scary situation. I hope that the other back doctor is able to help you out. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in that pain all the time. It seems like you have the soul of an angel for dealing with it :)

courtneyl said...

thank you!!! it was the mentioned gift!!! :)
you are way too sweet!!! thank you though!!! i hope the other dr. can help me out too!! :)