Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Stopping By

I don’t remember the last time I blogged when I was at work… but, on the other hand, my memory has been really bad lately, worse than normal… anyways, I finished with payroll early, getting it submitted anyways, and I’m just waiting for it to come back so I can check it… I need to pay some bills but they’re not going anywhere… I’ll probably just get them ready to pay today…. I’ve got two months of bank statements to reconcile… sometimes reconciling the checking account is smooth, other times, it’s a challenge and I get to hunt and hunt for something… I tried to reconcile it yesterday and I think is going to be one of those challenging times…. Work is going really good though…. J has helped me out so much… just by being here so that it’s not just rrll and I and by setting up our Access database… thanks to J, I don’t have to use my typewriter for anything except printing out mailing labels… that’s awesome!!! I’ve really been watching my attitude up here too… it hasn’t been easy but it’s getting easier, I think!!
My back… is still here… it’s feeling better though… I think the steroids kicked in and have made a difference… I think mary made a difference too… I think she massaged some of the irritation out… ok, maybe not, I have no idea what she did but it feels better… better than it has in 3 weeks!!! It’s still hurting but not near as bad…
My attitude…. Is good… it has its ups and downs but for the most part I’m working really hard on keeping it positive…. In the middle of re-reading The Secret I decided to get another book to read…. This one, Your Destiny Switch, by Peggy McColl, is much like The Secret (and the other books I’ve been reading) except this one, from my understanding, actually teaches you how to take action…. In my reading I’ve been hearing about the “Sedona Method”, also known as the Release Technique, so I decided to do a little research on that… I only started my new book last night but so far from what I can tell, this book will teach me a “version” of those techniques… I think… it sounds really interesting… I’m not sure how I’m going to do this either… I’ve been giving it some thought… The Secret along with Your Destiny Switch both have exercises that you can do… that are recommended… I am thinking about working on my exercises on my blog… and posting bits and pieces of the books that I find useful or thoughtful… it seems like right now there is so much I want to share with everyone!! Anyways, Your Destiny Switch, should explain to me how I need to go about taking action which is required… you can’t just learn and retain the knowledge… you must apply it… so, that’s where I’m at with that…
Lately I’ve been eating everything in sight… especially at home… I mean!!! Everything!!! It’s like I’m a bottom-less pit… but, I think it’s a hormonal thing right now…
I don’t know much…. I’ve just been working… Saturday night we watched the race over at a friend’s house… it was so much fun… we hadn’t hung out with clint in forever!!! Just like old times!!! I said we watched the race, we tried too, but it got rained out so we ended up just hanging out with clint and friends and then Sunday we watched the race… that was about it… work has been good… r is doing good… we are doing good… just rocking along… I need to print/fill out our mortgage loan papers so we can start looking at houses… nothing “major” is going on right now and I’m very much fine with that!!!
And our positive thought for today is:
You are not responsible for everyone's happiness.
I am responsible for my own happiness and I trust that others can take care of themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are good at work ... for once ;) So yay!!!

I hate it when I go through a "eat everything in sight" phase! ARG!!! This time, it was that EVIL box of Girl Scout Mint Cookies in the freezer (do you have those in TX?). The only way to solve this eating problem is for me to stay out of the kitchen and drink lots of Crystal Light!

courtneyl said...

i know, i'm really excited that things are going good at work!!! :)
oh yeah, girl scout cookies are awesome!!!
i have been finding food all consuming my thoughts, what am i going to eat next and when? now?!?! :)