Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rambling...

Hhhhmmm…. Where to start I’m asking myself… I guess I should ask, where did I leave off? Ah yes, getting my tattoo!! So Saturday night I got my tattoo… Sunday we had our fellow “race friends” over to watch the NASCAR race…. Our “race friends” are km and her husband, and then km’s sister and her husband… we watched the race, ate Mexican food, and then birthday cake (with buttercream frosting!!)!!! it’s so yummy!!! Monday r and I went to momma and daddy’s house for my birthday… we grilled hamburgers and hot links… and then had more buttercream frosted birthday cake with tons of roses made out of icing!!! I was (ok, still am) in heaven!!! I love frosting!!! Does it really get any better?!?! nope!!! But I’m not a sweets junkie or anything (ha!!)… R and I came home and he mowed…. I worked on some restaurant stuff that I hadn’t done yet…. Then we just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed the rest of our day off…. Another excellent bonus, that night Run’s House had two new episodes on… back to back… R and I love that show!!! Ah, Tuesday, dreading going back to work after a nice long very good (for the most part) 3 day weekend… but at least it is a short week…. 4 day work weeks are so awesome!!! Tuesday I had an appointment with my psychiatrist but when I got up Tuesday morning I was way emotional…. Tuesday was a rough day for me… anyways, I called my head shrinker and we had an “over the phone” appointment… very nice, saved me my co-pay! I told him that I wasn’t really “feeling” my back dr. anymore… I felt like things had changed since he got a new dr. in his office… it’s a super long story about what happened to his old partner… anyways, since the new dr. has been there I feel like my dr. has changed… my head shrinker told me that I wasn’t the first person he had heard this from… the only reason for me bringing all this up is to lead to here: I have been contemplating going down to the Texas Back Institute to maybe have something more permanent done to my back instead of having to get the cortisone shots however often I would need them… the only reservation I had was leaving my back dr… up until this year I loved him… he was awesome… he always made me feel like he really cared and wasn’t just kinda rushing me thru like cattle in a shoot just to make his money… lately though, that’s how I’ve felt… anyways, when my psychiatrist told me that my mind was made up… I was going to call my back dr. and ask for a referral down to the Back Institute… I had talked to my back dr. before about maybe going down there and he said if that was what I wanted to do he had no problem referring me down there… Wednesday morning I got a call from my back dr.s office… I have an appointment Tuesday!!! That is unbelievable that they got me in that fast!!! So next Tuesday I’m going to see a back surgeon… see what my options are so we can get this thing fixed… the pain is getting worse and it’s not so much my back hurting now as it is my legs… the nerves in my legs… I have no idea how to describe it except it feels like a burning, pinching, on fire feeling down my butt and down the back of both legs into my feet… whew.. I mean… I didn’t talk much Tuesday at work because I could tell I was going to just bust out crying if I did because the pain was so bad… I had to go to the store after work that night, there was no getting out of it… I had put it off as long as I could… anyways, I get thru at the store, load my junk in the car, and then I started bawling… I cried the whole way home, while I was unloading the groceries and feeding the kitties… I called momma, still bawling, and talked to her… then I went to bed… it’s not odd for me to nap but for me to actually get into bed, not just lay on it or on the couch, is very odd… r got home from work and I was in bed… I got up, did the register sheet, and went back to bed… the pain is still as bad but my attitude is getting better… and that helps…
On a very cute note, last night I was walking around the house and decided to see what the kitties were up too out on the back porch… I looked outside and there are 3 baby kittens out there!!! They’re not ewok’s kittens, I still haven’t seen hers, but they are adorable!!!!! They are so tiny you can hold them in one hand!!! I’d guess they are maybe 6 weeks old… there is a “smoke” gray one, another smoke gray one with white socks, and then a tabby with a white face and white socks…. They were out there playing with each other… running (well, sorta), tumbling, and just having so much fun!!! They had the prettiest green eyes too!!! ah, now I have “baby” fever…. Anyways, I guess I need to quit rambling and get to work… I need to pay some bills and take care of a few other things… then I’m going to see if I can split out of here to go get my mri & x-ray film for Tuesday….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did your appt go? Sounds like some 'licious bday cake you had - you saved me some, right? LOL!

Nothing like a bunch of itty bitty kitties to make you forget about the back pain a little?

Have a relaxing weekend!

courtneyl said...

the cake was wonderful!!! of course i saved you a big piece with lots of icing!!! :)
true enough, the little tiny baby kitties are adorable!!! they make you see the "cute" side of life and yeah, they do help to forget the pain for a few....
:)
thanks, you too!!