Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A New/Old "Character"

i recently added a new "character" to my list.... i have known jw since about 2000 when i started working at cingular... over the years we got to know each other but recently we've started hanging out and talking more than we used too (she is helping me become more social!!)... i consider her one of my closest friends... and i have learned so much from her (and her family)... some of this i can explain, some of it i can't... for instance, she has shown me that you can still have a family and everything is "cool"... i don't know if this makes any sense or not but it does to me... her and her husband have 3 kids (two of them are twins!!) and they remind me of r and i.... they've been thru tough times but have weathered the storms and everything seems to have brought them closer... she told me one time that she appreciated me listening to her but never "telling her what to do" when it came to her relationship with her husband... i went to dallas with her to a dr.'s appt on tuesday (blown out back b/c of a car wreck) and we had such a good time!! she didn't want to drive down there by herself and they were going to talk about what treatment she wanted to do on her back (and i learned some stuff that i need to talk to my dr. about!)... she picked me up, we ate subway in the car because we were running late, went to her dr. appt., and headed home... BUT on the way home.... we stopped at dairy queen!!! OMG!!! it was so good!! i got a reece peanut butter cup blast, i haven't had one of those in forever!!! anyways, we had a really good stress-free time... and i'm really glad that we're talking and hanging out more... it's doing me a lot of good!!!
lately i've been reading a lot about that book, the secret by rhonda byrne (spelling on her last name?).... because you know i'm all about "manifesting my own destiny" and happiness... it was adapted from this book that i actually found online several years ago... and of course still have it on my work computer... so i had to buy it... it came in today and i'm really looking forward to getting into it... it seems to fit in with everything that i've been learning and reading over the past two years... as i've read and learned, the universe gives you what you need when you need it... "the secret" has arrived!!
things have been going good... busy but good... r and i have been trying to get everything done on saturday that we need to get done over the weekend that way we can rest, relax, and watch the race on sunday... i've been trying to get around to blog but haven't been having as much luck as i'd like to have... i'm working on it though...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool that you have a close friend to hang out with! I think it is really important to balance friendships with your marriage. Otherwise you become someone who is only about marriage!

Oh, and btw, now I am hungry for DQ!!!

Can't wait to hear about this new book!

courtneyl said...

i completely agree!!! that's how i was for the longest time too, only about marriage.... i'm glad that i have moved past that point!!
oh yeah, DQ is awesome!!!
and i am dying to get into my new book!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl you are the best! I am glad we have become so close b/c you understand me, we are way too much a like but like I said that is good cuz we understand eachother! all this undercover cia no one knows my name rocks! lol!love ya jw