Monday, March 26, 2007

Attitude

If you can’t change anything else, you can always change your attitude… Thursday night I was reading “the secret” and it was getting me back where I needed to be… helping to get me back on track… basically I needed a good swift kick to the a$$ and that’s what it gave me… I had let myself wander off my “learning” path…
Friday was one of the best days that I’ve had in a long time (and I’m still having good days!!)… I woke up in an excellent mood Friday… got to work, didn’t even let me co-worker piss me off… j, my co-worker, bought a dot matrix printer for us Thursday night so we set that up… my days of using my typewriter to bill out are numbered!!! I am so excited!!! R and I had seen on the news either Wednesday or Thursday night that the Budweiser Clydesdales were in town and I found out Friday that they were going to be here until Tuesday!!! So I was bound and determined to go see them!!! I think Clydesdales are beautiful horses but had never seen them in person before… I wanted to go last year but R didn’t “want to go see some stupid horses” so I decided that this year I was going, come hell or high water!! And I did!! I went out to see them on Saturday and took pics of them!!! They are huge but so docile and gentle!! Then I realized that I had a massage with mary on Friday night… plus, I didn’t have to work on Saturday… not besides delivering a catering job we had to do and all I had to do was to deliver the food!! Ever since the “shift” in my attitude I can really tell a difference in the way things are going!!! let me see, I had a whole list of stuff that I was so excited about… ok, the dot matrix printer, the Clydesdales, Mary, not having to work Saturday, then on Saturday night Carl won the Busch race!!! He came in 12th in the Cup race on Sunday!! But he’s still in the top 12 in points so let’s keep the momentum up Carl!!! I know you can do it!! This year has already started out much better than last year did for Carl so I know it’s going to be an awesome year for him!!!
Ah, yes, on Saturday as I was getting ready to leave to go pick up the food to deliver I looked outside and my father-in-law had delivered “my new” passat to me… it’s an ’03… two years newer than my old one… it’s white with black leather interior… and OMG, it is beautiful and I love it!!! and the features it has on it, wow, I am so super excited!!! And I feel like we are stealing it since we are getting such a good deal on it!! bonus, it’s already got dark deep tinted windows and the factory wheels are nice!!! So the only thing that we really need to do to get it back to the condition my other one was in is put a “stubby” antenna on it and an aftermarket cd player... the only reason I want an aftermarket cd player is so that R can put some speakers in it for me… I love a good stereo system (oh yeah, junk in my trunk!!)!!! pics of it coming soon!!!
One more thing…. How could I forget this? we catered a BPW event on Saturday (that’s the organization that km, her mom, and her sister belong too- the one that she won Woman of the Year for this year)… Saturday was their Spring Awards ceremony and km won 2 awards!!! She won the most active (maybe that wasn’t exactly what it was called but the one who is doing the most work… putting in a ton of effort, being really active) and then she won Regional Woman of the Year!!! I am so proud of her, I can’t even begin to tell you how proud I am!!! that is so awesome!!! All at the young age of 28!!! she is just such an amazing giving person!!! There should be more people like her in this world!!
I’m really enjoying “the secret”…. I’ll go into more details on it in a separate blog… as well as the Clydesdales… things are going really good.... the attitude shift is what I needed… I had been in such a bad mood for what seemed like a while and I know why… it was my attitude… things are changing though… oh yeah they are, and for the better!!
Here was my positive thought for today: The future is unfolding in perfect order filled with wonder and joy. I trust that my future is unfolding in perfect order. I expect my life to be filled with joy and success. (and I know, trust, and believe this!!)

Update on the back: the pain is bad… (Thursday and Friday it got to the point where I almost couldn’t walk)… really bad though I’m trying not to think about it (as much as possible!) I do go see the dr. tomorrow though… I’m going to talk to him about maybe trying something a little more permanent than the epidural cortisone shots (maybe a discectomy) and see what he says… at least after tomorrow I will know what action we’re going to take to take care of the pain… then (hopefully) I will be on the road to recovery!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited you got a "new" car!!! It sounds like you had a good end to the week besides the back pain. I know I say this all the time, but I hope you feel better soon :)