Thursday, September 08, 2005

before the "letter to grandma" i'm going to have to vent.... i've already been to tree time this morning... tree time is a way to try to calm down and relieve some stress... if i could take myself out of the stressful situation it would probably help more but i can't very well just leave work whenever it suits me.... even though my co-worker does... i am already all sorts of pissed off today because of him... i love my job! he just makes it so difficult for me.... it's like he tries his hardest to make my job as hard as possible... and it's not a hard job, it's just him.... he is so concerned with what everyone else is doing instead of being concerned with his job... if he would take care of himself and his duties we wouldn't have half of the messes that we run into.... but i guess that would be too simple.... i understand that he's old and angry but that's not my fault... i didn't make his life choices for him, he made them for himself... so he needs to quit acting like an ass to me because he's unhappy... and he proclaims to be such a "good christian man"... my ass!! he is such a hypocrite! it just kills me... he really reminds me of grandma c, which is why i think he bothers me so much.... i don't know if it was the era that they grew up in or what but man alive! he is wearing me out... most of the time now i can just laugh him off but lately he's really been getting under my skin.... maybe because of all this going on with grandma too... i don't know... all i know is that my boss wants me to basically double check him and keep him in line (as much as possible) and that makes him SO mad... i can't help it if the boss told me to make sure he's getting everything done.... that's between him and the boss... but me "checking up on him" makes him resent me even more... and i've already been "taking his duties"... well, maybe if he could handle them they wouldn't get passed along.... i need to pay bills but noticed when i got here this morning that he's STILL trying to get the bills in here so i can pay them.... i mean, he only had all day yesterday.... but he was busy doing nothing... he just angers me! i am really working on trying to keep my anger in check but it's so hard... for instance, i've had a check written for petty cash since tuesday morning... we now have $17 left in petty cash and i told him that this morning and he laughed and said, yeah, i guess i need to get down there.... no hurry though! if the boss comes in and we're out of petty cash it's my ass, not his... only this time, it's his.... he's the one who has had the check on his desk since tuesday morning.... i would be more than happy to go to the bank but that's "his job"... not mine... and heaven forbid i "steal another job from him".... everyone knows i'm not trustworthy enough to go to the bank.... but i do feel better knowing that i'm not the only person he's like this with.... he is like that with everyone! even our accountants... and the business has only been using the same accountant(s) since it opened.... a while back the newspaper printed a letter to the editor that i cut out and have been carrying around with me for about a month... it is too funny! and i wish there was a way i could put it on his desk without him knowing it was me... but he would since i read the paper every morning at work.... he just irritates me and like i said, i have been trying to keep my anger in check and under control but he just pushes my limits.... i'm going to go back to tree time for a little bit to try to cool off some more....

No comments: