Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back Home

yeah, i'm back home!!! momma and i got home about 7 last night... the stay wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be... i was doing some physical therapy and walking while i was there... re-learning things that i've done my whole life... everything was going really good until tuesday night... about 3 i started throwing up... (and i had no idea that things such as couching, laughing, trying to the go the bathroom, and throwing up would be so difficult and painful... actually it never occurred to me how much i use my abs)... they told me on wednesday that i could go home if i could stop getting sick... i think most of it was my nerves, leaving the hospital, and the 2.5 hour drive home... we made it though!! i actually slept most of the way home (and momma was laughing at me because i talk in my sleep)... i could not imagine not having momma there... man, she was (and still is) a lifesaver!! everytime i got up she was there, in the the middle of the night, while i was throwing up, helping me get to the bathroom..poor momma, she had to help me shower too... she came over this morning and brought some groceries and then helped me shower, and then changed the dressing over my incision... she is so wonderful!!
the incision is looking good!! and this is the best part, i still have no pain in my back and legs!!! the L5/S1 area is super sensitive but that's to be expected and the belly pain from the incision will heal too!! i'm off to do some walking (and then rest some) but no worries, it's all going even better than i was hoping it would!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am happy you are home and already feeling better! This is going to make such a difference in your day to day life. Now... the healing begins! I hope your abdomen starts to feel better soon. It must be weird to have that hurt and NOT your back! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wahooo! I'm glad you are back in the comfort of your home.

Aren't Moms a great invention ;o)

courtneyl said...

thank you both for your prayers and well wishes!!! i only hope you know how much i appreciate them (and how well they have worked!)!!! it is absolutely unbelievable to not have back and leg pain!!! especially knowing the belly will heal!!!
if it weren't for momma this past week i would have been in big trouble!! :) they are awesome!!!