Sunday, January 07, 2007

.......

i'm not sure where to begin... i feel like it's been about forever and a day since i blogged... i miss it... but now that i finally have a chance i have no idea where to start or what to say... don't get me wrong, i have a whole list of stuff that i want to blog about but none of it right now...
since the beginning of the year things have been good, just extremely busy!! i've been super busy at work, playing catch up from vacation (as well as end of quarter stuff)... as far as the restaurant goes, things have been really good there but i've got a ton of stuff to do... year end stuff as well as the normal stuff...
both my work and the restaurant have government deadlines (tax deadlines/payments/reports) that i have to meet... that puts a little more pressure on me but it's ok... i'll get it all done! i worked about 5 hours at home today on restaurant stuff (and don't feel like i got anything accomplished)... figuring the numbers and stuff takes time... plus, i double check everything (ocd).... i do have an appt with mary on friday for an hour massage!! bonus!!!
in short, here's what my schedule looks like for january...
every monday the employees get paid.. this means on saturday or sunday i do payroll....
the 15th- payroll tax (monthly) is due
the 20th- sales tax is due
the 30th- payroll tax (quarterly) is due; state (suta) unemployment tax is due as well as futa (federal unemployment tax); and oh yes, the one thing i can't forget- W-2's have to be postmarked by this date....
also, at my work i've got my IFTA (report for trucking) due by the 30th...
it won't be hard to make out the checks once i get all my numbers.... getting the numbers is time consuming though... it makes me feel guilty to "take time out for myself" but i have realized that this is something that i need to do... i need to take time out to take care of me otherwise i'm not going to be able to take care of the things that i need to take care of... i read that you need to schedule time for yourself like you schedule time for a dr. appt. or anything else... i am going to schedule in yoga for sure... once every 3 weeks or so an hour massage with mary... i'm really thinking about treating myself at the end of january to an hour and a half massage with her... it would be the perfect time too... the stress of january and all of this would be over!! we'll see though!! the yoga is helping me relax too!!
one more thing... i have "designed" a chart in excel to track my weight loss... monday night after work i'm going to weigh and measure myself.... every monday i'm going to weigh and then maybe every other week weigh and measure... i'm going to do weight watchers again (well, by myself) but i think i'm going to try to "jumpstart" my metabolism with this 4 day cleanse... we'll see though... i've started to wear my ankle weights to work each day and my pedometer as well... last year about this time i started the same thing... each week i'm going to try to increase my walking distance by 10%.... (i'll chart that too!)... i really need to start exercising on a regular basis... which i plan to incorporate... km has some jazzercise videos she said she'd let me "borrow".... walking... we'll see... i do need (and want) to do something though!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes - I hate doing my taxes, and all these reports sounds as awful as that. You deserve MORE than a 1.5 hour massage at the end of January! How about a day at the spa!!

Good luck on charting your weight loss and exercise! I think that really helps motivate you - because then when you are having a rough time you can see how far you have gotten already! I also wanted to let you know that I read the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, after you go to the bathroom (naked). It is your most "accurate" weight. But I am sure if you do it at the same time each week you will get an accurate account anyway. Good luck!