Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not-So-Smart

So since I don’t have any Vegas pictures with me at work right now I’ll blog about something not-so-smart that I recently did… well, it’s actually two things but they kinda tie in together… first let me say that I am proud to be a Texan… knowing this, you would think that I would know more about my state if I’m so proud of it… apparently that’s not quite the case… when dc and I were in Vegas, one of the dealers decided we would play a little Texas history (it seems everyone asked where we were from due to our accents)… needless to say I get quite nervous when this subject comes up as history (and geography) are not my strong suite… the dealer reassures me not to worry, the first question is quite easy… what is the capital of Texas? Um, I’m not sure… I know it’s either Austin or Houston but in the middle of the “panic” I don’t really know so I look at dc… he looks at me like, really, seriously, and says we were just there, you don’t remember driving by the capital- in Austin??? Hhhmm, we were just there weren’t we… and then I remembered remarking that the Capital building was so pretty… ok… so then the dealer says, well, ok, I won’t ask you anymore history questions… whew, I was off the hook then!!!
Fast forward to last night… I get a picture message from one of my friends and for the life of me I can’t figure out what in the hell it’s a picture of… I’m turning the phone all kinds of sideways, up and down, no luck…
So this morning I text him back and ask him where are you?
him: do you really have to ask?
me: um, yeah…
him: I was at the Alamo…
me: oh! That’s what that was!!! I thought it was a profile of some guy and spent forever trying to figure out who it was… duh!!!
Sometimes I really wonder about me… does anyone else have this problem… or am I just so special in my own ways???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also AWFUL at history. Even embarrassing, seemingly obvious stuff. Last year, for Christmas, I received "U.S. History for Dummies" and "World History for Dummies"! I haven't read them yet ;)