Friday, November 02, 2007

Stopping By

i'm still here... things are going, some days better than others... the middle of the week was better than monday and better than friday has been so far... i'm not sure if it's my bipolar-ness acting up or if it's just because i'm letting myself get so stressed... but then i wonder, does everyone feel this way or is it just me? do i just not have good coping skills? (well, i know i do need help in that area)... how do other people stay so calm? or at least come across as being calm?
the open house is sunday... r and i have been packing up some of the clutter at the house... he's been moving some furniture around to make the rooms look bigger... tomorrow i'm cleaning the house like there's no tomorrow... the restaurant seems to be doing better since the price increase... things between r and i seem to be getting better for the most part... we still have our days but at least we're working on it...
my back is still doing great!! no pain!!! it's been 3 months since my surgery and my back couldn't be better!!! it was a total success!! and i have realized that it is worth every penny to be pain free!!!
on a better note though, november 9th thru 12th i'll be in port aransas with the girls... there are 6 of us going total... let's just say that there is the potential for drama there... i'm excited though, it'll be really good to get out of town and get away for a few days... and it will give r and i some time and space... which i think we need... i don't consider me going to plano time away really... so i've got my fingers crossed that the open house will go good and that next week will fly by... keep your fingers crossed too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoloft. That's how they stay calm. Just kidding. All I know is that when I'm feeling overly stressed, depressed or whatever, I think every person I pass by *must* have it better than I. The truth is, you don't really know how life is for that other person. Some can mask it well, some have stronger coping skills -- who knows. It's hard to feel like a rational person when you are dealing with so much. But one day at a time; and focus on the good. The girls weekend will probably be a good time to recoop! Good luck on the open house!! I'll be thinking of ya!

Anonymous said...

I think the people who appear calm on the outside are boiling on the inside. Let your emotions out! IT will be better than avoiding them in the long run :)

Have a fun time with the girls!

courtneyl said...

you two are awesome!!! thank you for your thoughts, i can't tell you how they help me out!!! it's so nice to get a different point of view!!
:)