Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Work, "Concrete" Carl, & the House

Things are good… things have been good… (I think I just didn’t realize that because I was stressing myself out!) believe it or not, I am excited to be back at work… work is good… people missed me… I was welcomed back with nothing but nice things being said and lots of hugs… I realized today that I do like working… more like, I like what I do… is it what I would like to do for the rest of my life? I’m not sure but I am confident that if a change is supposed to be made it will happen…
Concrete Carl… that’s Carl’s nickname because he’s been kicking a$$ on the concrete tracks this year!! He won Sunday’s race but I just found out that he was penalized 25 points for his car failing post-race inspection… these 25 points could be a big deal because I think there are only 28 points difference between first place and sixth place… Carl was in 3rd place (overall in the chase) and since he was penalized he’s dropped to sixth… that’s ok though… he’s sweeping the Busch series and I’m hoping he will win the Cup series too… he’ll be the only driver (so far) to have swept both in the same year!! So… Go Carl Go!!! There are seven races left for him to take it all!!
The house is going good… we had two showings the day it listed, another showing yesterday, and then one tonight… the couple that looked yesterday is the same couple that looked on the first day so that is excellent news!!! I’m still looking for a house… nothing new seems to be popping up on the market but that’s ok, I’m still looking… and like I said earlier, it will happen when it’s supposed too…
Also, I’m reading a new Wayne Dyer book… Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life… it’s his “translation and application” of the Tao and putting it to work in your life… I am a big fan of Dyer’s… all of his books that I’ve read have been excellent… anyways, I’m working on “increasing the peace” inside myself… today is the first day I’ve actually had a chance to dive into the book but so far so good… I’ll keep you posted…


here's a link to ReMax's website with our house on it... i figure if anyone is crazy enough to "stalk" me they'll be in for a real treat when they realize how nuts i am... hehe
http://remaxwf.com/details.asp?mlsnumber=101776

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courtney! It is so weird, but fun to see your house. It makes me feel like I know you even more ;)

I am happy the assimilation back into work wasn't bad :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sneak peak at your house! I will probably sell really fast, its move in ready and really, really cute! Good luck!

courtneyl said...

i wasn't too sure if i should put the link on my blog or not but what the hey... i'm trying to move right?!? :)
i really like our house and will be sad to move but onward and upward right?!? :)
they had a realtor's open house from 9 to noon today so hopefully that drums up some buyers!!
keep your fingers crossed!!

courtneyl said...

i'm so glad that going back to work wasn't bad either!!! i was SO nervous!!! although i'm extremely tired and my back muscles are sore it's been a good first week back!! much better than i was expecting!!