Monday, February 02, 2009

1 Month Down...

I really can’t believe it’s already February… one month of the new year is already over… I almost feel like I’ve had bloggers block lately… I’ve had a list of stuff to blog about but it doesn’t seem very interesting… then again, are any of my posts just really that interesting, lol?!?! ok, so what’s been going on… um, in January I had jury duty, although that seems like an eon ago now… it was ok… I’d only heard horror stories about jury duty but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be… (maybe it’s been long enough that it doesn’t seem that bad now)… I learned a lot about the court system and how people can get away with stuff- let me clarify that… the defense attorney objected to everything- he was trying to get the case thrown out on a technicality and I can see how that happens… anyways, it was a learning experience…
I saw my first 3D movie… dc and I went to see My Bloody Valentine in 3D and it was awesome!!!! not only is 3D super cool but the movie was really good!!! it was a good scary movie, not cheesy like some of them are… I highly recommend it!!
Lately dc and I have been joking about getting old… you know, things like, you know you’re getting old when… two of our “getting old” signs… we went to a dinner party in January and had a blast… a group of my friends from junior high (we’re all still friends) decided to have a monthly dinner party… there are 5 of us and each month one of us will host it at our house… I’m not sure what we’re going to do when it’s our turn since the apartment and the rent house are not big enough for 10 people but we’ll figure something out… maybe someone will “loan” us their house… anyways, we had a blast!!!! The dinner party was so much fun, I absolutely can’t wait until the next one!!! (as of right now I’m not sure if dc will be able to go to the February one- he may be moving his stuff back from Corpus that day- which I’m not happy about but at least that will be taken care of!)… and our second “getting old” sign… we started making cheese… he got me hooked on fresh mozzarella cheese, it is so good!!! we’ve tried to buy it at the store but it is kinda expensive so we were researching how to make it and found a cheese kit… we bought the kit and Friday night we made our first batch of cheese!!! The directions said if your first batch doesn’t turn out good don’t get discouraged but we were really impressed!!! The cheese was good!!! so now we are cheese artisans!!! We were hanging out with his sister and her boyfriend yesterday, along with some golf friends, and they were making fun of us for being cheese artisans… it’s ok, they’re just jealous, not everyone is cool enough to make cheese…
One final note I suppose… we really need to get back to the gym… bad… I wore a pair of shorts Saturday and they didn’t fit near as good as they did about a month ago…. Not good…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dinner party idea sounds so fun! I wish I had a group of friends to do it with!

Steven asked me if I wanted to make some cheese. I told him I would rather buy it. Maybe I should be brave like you and try it out!

Hey, get yourself to the gym! :P

courtneyl said...

too bad Gina and I don't live a bit closer- think of the (loud) dinner parties we could have, lol!!
I honestly thought the same thing about making cheese, um, can't we just buy it... but I'm really glad we tried it, it worked out well...
ugh, the gym... I'm still working on getting there...
=^..^=