Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Our" Story

I’ve know dc my whole life- ever since I can remember. Our parents went to the same church, this is the only church either of us have ever known and I think we started going when I was 3. (Ironically, over Labor Day while we were dog-sitting for his parents- we were staying at their house- we were going thru a cabinet in the kitchen looking for a Bundt cake pan- monkey bread rules!!!- and we found church directories going back to the early 1990’s. We were all in there and it was hilarious!!! Taking that trip down memory lane together was so much fun and it was so funny to look back on those times.) Anyways back to the story, we grew up at church together. We have history, a lot of history together- some of it just friends some of it more than friends. Growing up and as far back as I can remember I always said, I’m going to marry that boy one day. I’ve loved him for as long as I can recall. During high school and college dc and I were really close. We talked on the phone constantly- usually all night long and hung out together constantly- especially when km and I got our own apartment. dc and I have talked about this so many times and for the life of us neither one of us can remember or figure out why we quit talking. We just kinda quit talking and drifted apart, somehow, unbeknownst to us. I graduated shortly after we quit talking and we went separate ways. We’ve talked and somehow just based on where we’ve both been in our lives and the way we are if we would have got together before now it wouldn’t have worked out. We just know that. We both agree that everything happens for a reason and we both think what is happening between us is the best thing that has ever happened to either one of us. He is the most phenomenal person and has made me happier over the past 5 months than I’ve been in years. So that’s “our” story. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. (cheesy yes I know but so true.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is making me feel warm and fuzzy too :)