Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Better!

Today is a good day… yesterday wasn’t a bad day either but I think that was mainly because I left work early… R had a stress test and an echocardiogram scheduled for 3:00 and 4:00 yesterday… good news though, his stress test came back good and instead of us having to make an appt to come in and get the results of his echo we can just call in about 2 weeks for the results… woohoo!! It’s amazing how much less stressed things are at the house now… a very noticeable difference…
I’m so excited because I voted in our primary yesterday… (it’s only the 2nd time I’ve ever voted)… I’m getting into the election this year, well, more than ever before- I usually never even pay attention…
I am feeling better emotionally… I really don’t know if it’s the med changes or my mind… I’m not sure if the med changes would be noticeable this quick but all we did was increase two meds by 1 pill each… I think that they are curbing my appetite though… thankfully!!!
R’s dad called him at lunch today (mind you he knows lunch is a busy time for him but it never fails, he always picks the “best” times to call)… his dad is getting re-married on the 22nd… so he calls to see if R will be his best man… he said, I was going to ask your brother to do it but I thought I should ask you since you’re the oldest… R calls to tell me and I start asking him questions like, where, when, what type of dress (casual, dressy, etc), and other questions that you would think his dad would have the answers too… nope, his dad can’t answer any of the questions except for the date of the wedding… he said, let me find out and I’ll get back to you on everything… he says to R, just wear the tux you wore at your wedding… um, ok, we had this conversation before our wedding- we rented it… then he brings up the rehearsal dinner and that R will need to be there for it but it’s on Friday night… R says, um, I’ll have to see what I can do about that, Friday is a really busy day for us and we don’t have any people that could really “be” R that night… so poor R, he calls me and the first thing out of his mouth is “well, the stress is back”. On the bright side, at least it’s only a temporary stress and there’s nothing we can really do about it… but… I’m slightly stressed now too because I don’t even own a dress… I have no idea what to wear… no idea where it’s going to be… that’s awesome!!! (don’t get me wrong, I’ll figure something out- I’m going to email his sister and see if she knows anymore than we do- I’m not that stressed about it though, to me it’s nothing to get too worked up about- plus, his dad is just stressful in general!!) Oh yeah, they haven’t even sent out the invitations yet- they’re still working on them…
Ok, enough about stress… onto something better… I’ve been thinking about this and really wanted to send a "shout out" to thank you, my friends, for being there for me… thank you for the emails & conversation, comments (that helped immensely), for just “being there”, and for listening to me rant and rave… to my blogger sisters, it still amazes me how people that you’ve never met before (in person) can become such an significant part of your life… I am so glad that
Kelly introduced me to blogging… I would have never made such good friends had she not…
Today I’m grateful for: friends- both far and near- I hope you know how appreciated and special you are to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your FIL sounds like he is out of it. I hope his new wife is much more organized ;)

And I love my blogger sisters too! I wish we all lived closer :)

Anonymous said...

aww, you're gonna make me cry!

The father in law sounds like a real gem! I'd say do the best that you can and don't stress over the rest. Maybe he can go back and get some info from his soon to be wife and relay it back to you guys. Or maybe when the invites come out, you'll be able to get more info from it.